Firstly this program is designed on the basis that they have not attended the four day intensive Academy of Excellence program and so a certain amount of that content needs to be delivered so that the attendees are aware of the “big picture” approach experienced by their general managers. This program goes deeper into the various topics relevant to their department to give the attendees the skill, ability and detailed processes to get the “internal dealership practices” happening in their departments.
Importantly this program is divided into the subject areas critical to achieving the program goals. Of course each participants ability to achieve the course goals is firstly dependent upon their contribution and commitment to the program and subsequent action and we have designed the subject content to establish “internal dealership practices” by including both learning from “successful business cultures” as well as powerful, proven and practical strategies we have seen succeeding in dealerships in Australia and around the world.
Also participants are required to participant in a performance comparison session at each training segment. Participants will submit KPI data for the departments they manage and Deloitte will produce comparison reports and attendees will have the opportunity to analyse and compare their data in relation to benchmarks and other participant’s performance in a collaborative environment. This training component has in the past been a considerable contributor to the participants understanding of financial and operation aspects of their departments and to their personal development.
- An improvement in profit in the new and used sales department – from increasing gross and reducing unnecessary advertising costs to using benchmarks to build department profitability
- More effective use of time to focus on the things that really matter
- More effective leadership style employed to get the best out of all of your people
- An introduction to the financial dynamics of running the department
- An introduction to business planning where focus will be placed on the important and not just the urgent
- An improvement in the success rate of recruitment of staff
- Understanding the importance of customer retention strategies
- Ability to manage by fact
- An improvement in overall communication - both internally and externally to assist in getting the job done right
- The big picture – Industry and market overview
- The financial dynamics of a dealers
- Accounting 101
- Business and strategic planning
- Planning for a profitable tomorrow and leadership skills
- Selection, recruitment and training
- Performance management
- Priority and time management
- CRM and CSI
- Inventory management
- Marketing and business plans
- 2 days + follow up coaching (2 x 1hr sessions)
What else is included?
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Course binder and materials
- Comprehensive take home case studies
People who attend this course also attended
- Academy of Excellence
- Customer Retention Management
- Used Car Management