C-Used: Classifying used operations
The used department section of the ProfitFocus reporting policy covers the following information:
- How we classify used car operations into reporting franchise and other
- How to report used car operations based on your account structure
- Guidelines to what information is to be reported in each field of the C-Used page of the input sheet.
Classifying used operations
The dealer input sheet splits the used vehicle tab into reporting franchise used operations and other franchises used operations.
- Reporting franchise: should reflect the sale of used vehicles of all brands, attached to, or specifically allocated to the reporting franchise dealership – not the number of used reporting franchise vehicles sold. For example, if you are a stand-alone dealership for a particular brand with one used yard, then 100% of your used information should be recorded under the reporting franchise.
- Other franchises: should reflect the sale of used vehicles of all brands, attached to, or specifically allocated to other new vehicle franchises that the dealership has. For example, if the dealership sells two brands “equally” at a particular site and this site has one used yard attached to it, then 50% of your used operations would belong to the reporting franchise and 50% to the other franchises section.