F-F&I: Reporting F&I operations
The finance & insurance (F&I) department section of the ProfitFocus reporting policy covers the following information:
- How to report F&I operations between your franchise based on your account structure
- Guidelines to what information is to be reported in each field of the F-F&I page of the input sheet.
How to report F&I department figures
There are three ways in which F&I department figures can be reported, where the chosen method should reflect the account structure in your chart of accounts.
- Method One: Where income and expense accounts are split by franchise
- Method Two: Income split by franchise, but expenses are not
- Method Three: Where income and expenses are not split by franchise
These are detailed further in the corresponding page links above and are summarised below. If you need help in deciding which method to use, please contact the ProfitFocus team.